What do the activities of our sun have to do with the increase in extreme weather, public scandals, mass tragedies and social unrest that we are experiencing here on earth? According to indigenous and shamanic belief, and their understanding of life and the universe… everything.
Each time I travel to the Southwest, I happen to cross paths with a different, indigenous Indian man who shares an important teaching with me. The common thread that runs through these teachings is a message about navigating a period of accelerated change, disruption and instability on this planet. Extreme weather, public scandals, mass tragedies and social unrest appear to be growing in intensity. The indigenous people of our land have valuable insight to share with us about this time of acceleration. Their oral traditions, passed down from generation to generation have long forecast this period of instability as part of a repeating cycle, which their ancient ancestors have lived through before. This cycle involves our sun’s natural rhythms as it journeys around the Milky Way galaxy, and the simultaneous maturing process of human beings within this solar system. According to indigenous and shamanic belief, the adventures and affairs of our sun get reflected on every level, from the geography and weather of the Earth, to our social structures and the activity of our individual brains — the way we think and interact with each other, and our transition, disruptive and tumultuous as it may be, into a new era.
Through conversations with members of the Hopi and Pueblo tribes of the Southwest and with shamanic practitioners trained within the Pacific Northwest tribal traditions, I have come to the following understanding of their views on this dynamic phase that we are moving more deeply into. All the stars in our galaxy are flowing in a channel of energy that is traveling out from the black hole in the center of the Milky Way. This energy contains the electromagnetic spectrum, and also other depths and dimensions of energy that cannot be measured by the equipment our scientists use. Shamans describe this energy as a hum, melody or harmony. They call it “the sound of creative intelligence and love”. It can serve as an organizing force or a disruptive force, depending on how particles or beings (stars, planets, and people) are relating to it.
Our sun belongs to a group of local “brother stars” that orbit around the center of the galaxy together. As this star group passes through different regions of the galaxy, it encounters clouds of cosmic energy that vary in intensity and frequency of vibration. (These clouds are made up of particles that are not currently focused into stars.) This causes a “push and pull” cycle… the brother stars either gather together or disperse as they traverse the changing galactic terrain. This activity correlates well with our scientists’ understanding of open star clusters, which they say are loosely bound by mutual gravitational attraction and become disrupted by close encounters with other clusters and clouds of gas as they orbit the galactic center.1 The concept of intelligent energy flowing out from the center of our galaxy is similar to our scientists’ view of a quasar. A quasar occurs in the center of a galaxy and consists of a supermassive black hole that sucks in gas, emits powerful electromagnetic radiation and can be observed at radio, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, and X-ray wavelengths.2
Astronomers have actually found evidence for sound waves that travel out from supermassive black holes.3 “About 250 million light years away, at the center of a cluster of thousands of galaxies, a supermassive black hole is humming to itself in the deepest note the universe has ever heard (as far as we know). The note is a B-flat, about 57 octaves below middle C, which is about a million billion times deeper than the lowest frequency sound we can hear.” (Kiona Smith-Strickland, 2015)4 Also, some electromagnetic waves pulsate at the same wavelength as the sound waves detectable by the human ear. NASA has recorded electromagnetic waves out in space and used instruments to translate them into sound waves that we can listen to.5
A simple analogy for our sun and its brother stars traversing the galaxy together, could be a group of kayaks floating down a river. The river is the creative, intelligent energy flowing from the center of the galaxy and the kayaks are the stars. When they approach eddies in the river, which represent the different clouds of energy, the kayaks may disperse or collect in order to navigate them.
Our sun at this time is experiencing the part of its journey where it is farthest away from its brother stars. It is experiencing a “waning phase”, where it is more isolated and its energy-generating proclivities are decreased. It is no longer being stimulated by the proximity of the other stars or energy units. Like a human, who becomes isolated, it shifts from an extroverted mode to an introverted mode. The sun, as an energy construct, has two modes of operation: it is projecting energy out or sucking energy in. It sucks energy into itself through vortexes which our scientists refer to as sunspots. Shamans describe sunspots as being “tiny black holes” within the sun. While they involve higher concentrations of electromagnetic energy around their rims on the sun’s surface, in their centers they are funneling inward, drawing energy into the center of the sun.
When sunspots appear to be shrinking on the outside of the sun, they are simultaneously ballooning deeper inside. They act like drains or back doors to solar flares. Stanford-based scientists confirm that sunspots “consist of very strong, downward flows of plasma traveling toward the interior of the sun… you find material rushing inward, like a planet-sized vortex.”6 While scientists observe the affects that solar flares have on the earth’s electromagnetic field, they underestimate the significance of the sunspots. The indigenous people’s ancestors taught that the earth’s weather, geography, and atmosphere are first and foremost, dictated by the sun’s weather. There is an energy equation between the sun and the earth. The sun, containing over a million times the mass of the earth, is the far more dominant part of the equation. As sunspots suck more energy into the sun during its waning phase, they pull energy from the earth’s surface. This causes an inflammatory response on the earth.
Because of my training in Chinese medicine, I will use the analogy of Chinese cupping therapy to describe this reaction. Acupuncturists use round glass cups and heat them with an open flame to create a vacuum effect within the cup. They then quickly place them on the patient’s body in strategic locations. The cup sucks the surface tissues up inside of itself. The skin, fascia, and muscle tissue get stretched and pulled up into the cup. This releases tension and scar tissue, while also stirring the circulation of blood and lymph fluids through vessels, and stimulating the flow of qi or life force energy through the acupuncture meridians of the body. The increased blood flow turns the skin red at first, then leaves a blue bruise under the cup. In areas where patients have toxic buildup, for example the surface skin just over the liver, a dark, brownish bruise will be left behind due to toxins rising up to the surface.
When one, or one hundred sunspots, known or unknown to man, have this sucking effect, energy is pulled from the surface of the earth, and the earth begins to react, all the way to its core. The earth’s weather, crust, water and lava flow patterns, and the earth’s own acupuncture meridians or ley lines are all affected. It upsets systems and patterns. It brings things to the fore that were usually in the back; it pushes things to the back that were usually in the front. This gets reflected on every level. We will see a “break up” in the physical earth and weather, and in how humans think, feel, behave and interact. This will cause a break up in social structures that have become restricting. Information that was hidden will come out into the light, and there will be a break up of the groups of people that have been in power behind the scenes. We are already seeing the acceleration of this process. During the past year, extreme weather and internal conflict within our nation has noticeably increased.7 A stream of people in politics, Hollywood and business have been exposed for misconduct.8 Reporters for The New York Times have been allowed to release teasers about our government’s involvement with the u.f.o. phenomenon.9 And research into ancient monuments like Gobekli Tepe continues, leading archaeologists to acknowledge that advanced civilization on this earth existed much earlier than they previously conceived.10
While solar flares produce a surge of energy, sunspots involve a powering down of energy. This oscillation of the sun, the surging highs and sucking lows of this solar activity during the sun’s waning phase, also affects our brains and our moods. Our brains run on electrical impulses, so they will be pulled or pushed by the electrical weather of the sun. Some of us experience more inspiration, creativity and expansive thought, while others may feel overwhelmed and begin to focus on negative thought patterns. Those with mental illness are especially susceptible to more extreme behavior as the “weather of their brain” reacts to the dramatic weather of the sun. Recent mass shootings by those with pre-existing mental health conditions are an example of this. For each of us, it will become more important than ever to recognize how the thoughts or perspectives we choose, lead to the emotions we feel. Our thoughts and emotions emit energetic frequencies that either assist and harmonize with the flow of creative, intelligent energy, or resist it. As we exercise our free will over our thought patterns, each one of us will either contribute to the collective fear, sorrow, and anger… or to the compassion, innovative problem solving and progressive change of this solar cycle. Individually, we will have to choose where we will direct our thoughts, emotions and actions.
So, where did the ancient ancestors of our indigenous people gain so much knowledge about this cycle of our sun and how it influences us and our planet? They say that they lived through this same waning phase of the sun before. Near the peak of this previous inflammatory process on the earth, when weather conditions were approaching their most extreme, they were visited by beings from other solar systems. These “star beings” used inter-dimensional travel, had advanced understanding of this galaxy, and came to earth to help our species survive. They brought some of the indigenous tribes down into caverns within the earth to wait out the “storm”. These visitors used technologies to build cities and grow gardens underground and welcomed the indigenous people to stay as long as needed. In some locations, certain tribes lived under the earth for centuries.
Legends about ancient underground cities exist in many cultures around the world, from Xibalba in Mexico to Shambala and Agartha in Tibet. Archaeologists have uncovered the remains of underground cities and tunnel systems in places like Turkey11 and on the Yucatan Peninsula.12 Because stone cannot be carbon dated, researchers have mixed opinions regarding the age of these ruins.
Strange newspaper articles have surfaced over the years regarding discoveries of underground cities here in the U.S. On April 9, 1885, an article was published in The New York Times, about the discovery of an underground city in Missouri containing ancient streets and stone fountains with flowing water.13 On June 19, 1934, the Stockton Record Newspaper reported that a geologist employed by a British mining company, found a tunnel that traveled 11 miles into Mount Shasta in California. At the end of the tunnel was an underground village, with streets and chambers filled with gold tablets, hieroglyphics and places of worship.14 On March 12 and April 5, 1909, The Arizona Gazette published two articles regarding an explorer who discovered a huge underground chamber full of artifacts and an elaborate tunnel system in the Grand Canyon.15 Hopi legend states that the entrance into their ancestor’s underground city was through a tunnel in the wall of the Grand Canyon.
Today, shamanic practitioners maintain communication with the ancient ancestors and these star beings by adjusting the frequency of their brainwaves. Through deep meditation and shamanic journeying practices they are able to enter altered brainwave states and receive telepathic information from these beings. The message that they share with us during this time is…
- All stars and planets are conscious beings who serve as members of the universal guidance system that assists us with the evolution of our own consciousness.
- Every time our solar system experiences this part of its natural cycle, where it is waning and less influenced by the universal energy of cohesiveness, all social structures that have become restricting to our spiritual growth, to our increasing awareness of our purpose in the universe, will begin to crumble. Increased chaotic activity around the earth is going to reveal that the old way of doing things and thinking about things will no longer work. More frequently, we will wake up to some new disaster or scandal being reported. The need to donate time or money to a relief effort or to stop some kind of social injustice will become constant.
- This need is an indication that as a species, we are meant to raise our mindset and participation on this planet to a level where every day we go out into the world, thinking not only of maintaining our own well-being, or that of our family’s, but also of using our talents, skills and resources to help the world in broader ways.
- This break down is an opportunity for a re-organization of our minds and our civilization. Bureaucratic systems will not have efficient response times, assistance or remedies available, so the local communities will need to band together and govern themselves more independently. As hidden information continues to be revealed to the public, it won’t be practical for everyone to adhere to the old established thought or order anymore. We will have to decide what rules and beliefs no longer make sense, change what we will and won’t do, and change what we think is possible and what isn’t.
- We graduate to a higher level of consciousness as we demonstrate that we are understanding how to work with the earth and each other. We are advised to develop a heart-centered, cooperative relationship with the earth as she goes through this tumultuous period. Rather than forcing our own agendas, we are meant to move and change with the earth. For example, if a certain location on the earth is becoming too hot and dry, leading to repeating wild fires or difficulty maintaining life, humans can cooperate with the earth by relocating their communities. Or, if people in a city are noticing that the smog is leading to health issues, this is a sign that the earth is not prioritizing the detoxification in that area, she is focused on other things. If the people want to continue living in that city, they can prioritize evolving transportation in their local area to reduce air pollution.
As we learn to be practical, to help each other, to respect the wisdom of nature and to have a more open view of the universe, we open the “doors” for these star beings to come and interact with us again in helpful and tangible ways. The higher vibration of our collective consciousness will send out a signal, as if to say “we are ready now to talk to you, and we won’t destroy ourselves or you if you come.” These star beings, the indigenous people say, are deeply invested in our spiritual development. They consider us to be their descendants and themselves to be our “very ancient” ancestors, so their karma is directly tied in with our own. As we broaden our minds and graduate to this higher level of maturity, they will be able to participate with our community, teach us about the universe and help us to reconnect with the spiritual dimension of life.
[UPDATE 10/01/2018: Climate researchers “deep adaptation agenda” – “preparing for disruptive and uncontrollable levels of climate change.”]
[UPDATE 6/09/2020: Strongest solar flares in years coincide with riots, reminding us that solar activity and unrest are historically linked.]
Visit abridged version of this article here.
- Karttunen, Hannu; et al. (2003). Fundamental astronomy. Physics and Astronomy Online Library (4 ed.). Springer. p. 321. ISBN 3540001794.
- Comins, Neil; Kaufmann, William, Discovering the Universe. W.H. Freeman and Company, 2008, p. 481-495, ISBN-13: 978-1-4292-0519-1.
- Chandra “Hears” A Black Hole For The First Time [Press release]. Retrieved on Jan. 20, 2018. Sep. 9, 2003,
- Kiona Smith-Strickland, Oct. 28, 2015, Gizmodo/There actually is sound in outer space. Retrieved Jan. 20, 2018.
- Jolene Creighton, August 4, 2014, Futurism/NASA records the sound of space. Retrieved Jan. 17, 2018.
- Mark Schwartz, Nov. 6, 2001, Stanford Report/Scientists solve centuries-old query: What’s inside a sunspot? Retrieved 3/1/2018.
- Robert Rapier, Sept. 10, 2017, Forbes.com/The Role of Climate Change in Extreme Weather Events. Retrieved on Feb. 12, 2018. Maggie Astor, Sept. 19, 2017, The New York Times/The 2017 Hurricane Season Really Is More Intense Than Normal. Retrieved on Feb. 14, 2018.
- Dan Corey, January, 10, 2018, NBCNEWS.com/Sexual Misconduct: A Growing List. Retrieved Jan. 17,2018.
- Helene Cooper, Ralph Blumenthal and Leslie Kean, DEC. 16, 2017, The New York Times/Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program. Retrieved Jan. 17, 2018. Helene Cooper, Leslie Kean and Ralph Blumenthal, DEC. 16, 2017, The New York Times/2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’. Retrieved Jan. 17, 2018.
- Tom Knox, March 5, 2009, DailyMail.com/Do these mysterious stones mark the site of the Garden of Eden? Retrieved Jan. 17, 2018. Sarah Knapton, April 21, 2017, The Telegraph/Ancient stone carvings confirm how comet struck Earth in 10,950BC, sparking the rise of civilisations. Retrieved Jan. 17, 2018.
- Graham Hancock, Oct. 18, 2016, Collective-Evolution.com/The Zoroastrian Texts of Ancient Persia, Underground Cities & what They Reveal About Advanced Ancient Civilizations. Retrieved Jan. 20, 2018.
- Alexis Okeowo, Aug. 22, 2008, NationalGeographic.com/Portal to Maya Underworld Found in Mexico? Retrieved Jan. 20, 2018.
- Apr. 9, 1885, The New York Times/Missouri’s Buried City.;A Strange Discovery In A Coal Mine Near Moberly. (click on: download a high-resolution PDF of the original article) Retrieved Jan. 29, 2018.
- June 19, 1934, The Stockton Record Newspaper/Here’s Brown’s Weird Tale of Lost Village. Retrieved Feb. 28, 2018.
- Scott Philbrook, Forrest Burgess, Ryan McCullough, Tess Pfeifle, Jan. 19, 2016, AstonishingLegends.com/“Kinkaid’s Cave”, Retrieved Jan. 20, 2018.